The Real Deal with Jason Silverman – Featuring Martial Arts Industry Expert, Greg Silva of United Professionals
Welcome to this edition of THE REAL DEAL with Jason Silverman! We sincerely hope you’re ready for some more life-changing, Powerful information to help you successfully grow your business as you develop yourself! Jason Silverman got a chance to catch up with one of his personal business mentors who helped him take a struggling martial arts business and transform it into a thriving business. A man who has been there and done that…Greg Silva. Greg shares some valuable insight into how you can develop a business mindset, a key to finding success. Even though Mr. Silva is an icon in the martial arts industry, this podcast is going to ideal for anybody who currently owns a business and is interested in taking it to the next level. Strap yourself in and get ready to take notes…and TAKE ACTION! This is going to be great!
A little about Greg Silva of United Professionals…
Greg Silva started his martial arts training in 1964 – graduated from UConn in 1973 and opened his school the same year. In the 80’s the school had expanded to 1500 students in 5 locations. He met Ed Parker and Nick Cokinos at the same time and combined his martial arts skill with new business skills and set out to see what could be done.
Greg ended up in Florida with 1200 students in the early 90’s and at that time most schools were with the Educational Funding Company, a billing service for the Martial Arts Industry. His school was ranked number 1.
The school was truly a professional martial arts school dedicated to teaching life skills to children through martial arts. In the early 90’s a career shift took him into more of the business side of martial arts and he opened Untied Professionals. UP is now a coaching and consulting company with clients around the world.
In addition to the martial arts he loves to travel with his wife jeannie, they live in both Arizona and Florida. In the industry his addiction to cars is well known, loving to drive British automobiles. At age 62 he is very active hiking, weight lifting and loves going to schools sharing his passion for martial arts and teaching.
Listen to today’s podcast and discover:
- 1.) There are almost as many martial arts consulting companies as there are martial arts schools. Why don’t all school owners live the dream?
- 2.) Since so many business owners know that they need to run their business with systems, why aren’t all the schools busting at the seams?
- 3.) How can a business owner develop a business mindset?
- 4.) They say that you “Don’t Know what you Don’t Know” What does this mean and why is it an important concept for business owners?
- 5.) What role has FEAR played in Mr. Silva’s life?
- 6.) What 1 solid piece of advice does Mr. Silva have for every business owner to increase your business and help you to live a better life?
- http://www.UnitedProfessionals.com – This is the site for United Professionals, Greg Silva’s firm dedicated to helping Martial Arts School Owners to build their businesses. Check it out!