The Real Deal with Jason Silverman – Featuring “Generation Expert”, Brad Szollose
Welcome to this edition of THE REAL DEAL with Jason Silverman! This podcast is going to prove LIFE CHANGING as well as BUSINESS CHANGING for somebody…maybe you?!?!
Jason Silverman got a chance to catch up with “Generation Expert” Brad Szollose. Brad was generous enough to share some super helpful insight into how to successfully work with people of all ages from various generations.
This podcast is going to be ideal for anybody and everybody who has ever worked with people who are either older or younger than they are (that’s pretty much all of us, right?). Brad’s explanations and peeks behind the curtain were eye opening into how best to leverage employees who may have a different perspective than you do! Strap yourself in and get ready to take some life changing notes and ACTION! This is going to be great!
A little about Brad Szollose…
Has anyone noticed that Generation Y, Millennials, Digital Natives or Gamers — whatever you want to call them — do NOT act like (us) Baby Boomers? Well, our guest today is going help us understand WHY they act the way they do and how that impacts your business.
In other words, HOW do you manage, market and sell to a new tech-savvy generation…a generation raised on Information Age tools since childhood?
Generational Expert and Web Pioneer Brad Szollose is the *award winning author of Liquid Leadership: From Woodstock to Wikipedia which explores the subject of new leadership styles — mainly how to get the tech-savvy Generation Y and analogue driven Baby Boomers working together.
But this is not based on management theory: During the Dot Com Era of the mid 90’s, Brad co-founded the very first Dot Com agency to go public on NASDAQ – K2 Design. His company grew from 2 business partners to 60+ employees, offices worldwide, 4 business partners and a valuation of $26 million.
Brad was catapulted from entrepreneur to C-Suite Executive, and began developing unique management and marketing models for the first wave of Generation X and Y– raised on video games, computers and The Internet.
Today, Brad helps businesses, educators and individuals close the Generational Divide by understanding it as a Cultural Divide – created by the new tech-savvy worker…and customer.
Listen to today’s podcast and discover:
1) Who is Brad Szollose and how did he become an award-winning business author, entrepreneur, Web Pioneer and motivational speaker?
2) How did Brad sell his Internet services when very few people knew what the Internet was back then?
3) For the entrepreneurs and the leaders already within established companies that are listening… What is the one trait Brad wants our listeners to learn from all this?
4) In Brad’s book, Liquid Leadership there were THREE major things that influenced the behavior of the younger generation – discover what they are!
5) What is the most radical change we should be concerned about as an entrepreneur, a business person a teacher, a mom, a dad?
6) What companies does Brad feel are doing it right and how can our listeners gain from their management model?
7) How can a person in today’s business environment benefit from Gen Y?
8) What are Brad’s 7 Laws or guiding principles of a liquid leader?
9) What Is the one law that is imperative or combination that Brad recommended?
10) Why is collaboration and lack of hierarchy so important in today’s work environment?
11) What gets Brad excited these days?
- www.bradszollose.com – Check out Brad’s website to learn about his speaking engagements, consulting, and for a ton of helpful, valuable information!
- Grab Brad’s Book “Liquid Leadership” by clicking here!