The Real Deal with Jason Silverman – Featuring Franchising Expert, Tom Scarda
Welcome to this edition of THE REAL DEAL with Jason Silverman! If you are into social media or have ever wanted THE REAL DEAL when it comes to leveraging it to grow your business, this episode is for you!
Jason Silverman got a chance to catch up with with Franchising expert, Tom Scarda. Tom pulled back the curtains to share the ins and outs of what franchising is, who it’s right for, and what to look for as a potential franchise owner.
Strap yourself in and get ready! This is going to be great!
A little about Tom Scarda…
Tom Scarda, Franchise Expert, worked for the New York Subway system for 13 years and was frustrated with the bureaucracy and politics. He wanted to be an entrepreneur but didn’t know how. He saw franchising as the answer. He purchased a Smoothie franchise in 2000. He built it and sold it within five years and semi-retired at 41-years old. As a government worker with no business ownership experience, that was not bad.
After selling his smoothie Franchise in 2005, FranChoice, a franchise consulting firm, asked Tom to come on board and help people do what he did. He has been helping people figure out if franchising is for them for the past 9 years. Tom is 1 of only 1,004, Certified Franchise Experts in the world, certified by the International Franchise Association. He is also the author of, The Magic of Choosing Uncertainty – How to Manage Change, Embrace Fear and Live a Fulfilled Life.
Tom Lives in New York with his wife, Gina, and their two children and two dogs.
Listen to today’s podcast and discover:
- What are the best franchises out there?
- How do you know a good franchise from a bad one?
- What is the investment level?
- What should I avoid when choosing a franchise?
- What are good questions to ask the franchise company?
- Is 50 years old to old to buy a franchise?
- How many franchise concepts are there in America?
- What is a good resource for franchise info?
- http://www.franchisesavvy.net Check out FranChoice’s website for a ton of valuable information!Seriously…check out this site now!